How do I create quests for a Point and Click?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • I'm trying to make some tasks for the player to do in my Point and Click adventure game, such as trying to fetch a key back from a REALLY bad-tempered teacher named Ms. Bitterman for a janitor just trying to do his job.

And once you return the key back to the janitor, he gives you something in return and even says "If they don't fire that fat lunatic, I'm outta here."

This is basically the quest in the most simple way...

Talk to The Janitor, he tells you that Ms. Bitterman has his key in her classroom. You try and get it back from Ms. Bitterman, but if you don't have magic either you run out or she chases you back to your room... But if you DO, you knock her out and get the key back to the janitor.. Who wonders what happened, you come up with an excuse and he gives you something for getting his key back from the fat monster of a teacher.

I just wanna know how to keep track of said quests.. For now, I just put in, as an example "JanitorQuest" and "JanitorQuestcomplete" as a boolean.

• I think that you could use an array or dictionary to store all the quests.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hmm... I suppose I can give it a shot.

• This is a rather simple example showing how you could organize the steps to start and complete a quest.

dropbox.com/s/yp6skx37lr0uvky/SimpleQuestSystem.c3p

There are comments for all the important parts, so hopefully you can use it as a building block for something bigger.

Not too sure what the best way be to handle multiple quests on the same layout would be... I'll leave that to you :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)