How do I create an object on a specific object?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi everyone,

I’m making a tower defense game and I am struggling with this issue…

The player clicks and empty land space and gets the option to build 1 of several buildings. That all works fine at the moment. The part I can’t figure out is how to build in that single parcel of land and not all the parcels of land with the same name.

I have the objects UID that is clicked but k can’t seem to figure out how to build in that UID’s X and Y.

I’ll post a snippet of what I have in a bit.

• Clicking it automatically picks it so it should use that one within the same event.

• I think because you click a second object, you can’t have it be in the same event. I’ve tried and it won’t let me do a “click A > do X; click B > creat object B on over object A” but it won’t let me.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can't click twice in the same event anyway so better to share screenshot of the events to see what you did.

• Ok here is the screenshot.

So you can see clicking on Build_Spot2 creates 2 objects. Then clicking on UI_Food should create an object on the Build_Spot2 that was first clicked.

• ok, someone on discord helped me solve it. The solution was to add a line to pick by UID (which I was storing as a global variable from the first click).

• Yes share screenshots here and we can also help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)