How do I create non-multiplayer layouts in multiplayer games?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello. I am creating a indie MMORPG on Construct3. (It isn't that hard for me, since my first account was hacked before I created this one.) I plan it to be a bit like "Club Penguin (2004-2016)" and "Toontown Online (1998-2013)". However there is one issue in particular: The minigames. FYI, the minigames are not multiplayer, however the other parts of the game are. I tried this once in the Online Game template, but the button to access the minigame just didn't work. Plus, when I inserted the "Game" script into the "Minigame" script, the lasers from the "Game" script appear (which I kinda expected). Can anyone please help me with solving this problem?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Rather than layouts, you probably want to hide and unhide layers for the local peer.

Layouts will break object syncing - that is the host will attempt to sync objects regardless of the layout state of the peer I believe.

It is possible, but you'll probably end up with a custom syncing system in the end.

Alternatively, you can move the viewport of the local peer to an area not relevant to the main multiplayer game. This might work with layouts as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)