How do I create a Mask ?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hello,

I have a Background and a Monitor sprite. The monitor has some coins moving in and out, but I need them to be cut from the background, i.e. The visible part of the coin is only the part that is within the Monitor border.

In this image, the upper half of the coin should be Masked by the edge of the monitor.

I played around with Blend Modes, but I think I need more layers (which I don't have access to right now). Will this be possible using layers, and if so, please how?

Thank you.

Tagged:

• Hello,

I have a Background and a Monitor sprite. The monitor has some coins moving in and out, but I need them to be cut from the background, i.e. The visible part of the coin is only the part that is within the Monitor border.

In this image, the upper half of the coin should be Masked by the edge of the monitor.

I played around with Blend Modes, but I think I need more layers (which I don't have access to right now). Will this be possible using layers, and if so, please how?

Thank you.

You can do this with 1 layer

Enable the checkbox in the layer that says "Force Use Own Texture", and then play around with the blend modes of the objects again

• Thanks. It is a progress, but still needs some more work.

I separated the front of the monitor from its "back", so the coin can go behind the border now and front the blue background of the monitor.

Still working on how to hide the part of the coin which is outside of the monitor.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Try this

https://ufile.io/0meklhpe

• Try this

https://ufile.io/0meklhpe

Thanks a lot :)

When I added a background sprite, the circle showed up. Just moved the background to a separate layer below the layer of circle and square and now all is working :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)