How do I create an island using peeling noise

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hi there I’m currently prototyping a sandbox survival game and I’ve messed around with some perlin noise before on example projects. I understand the mechanics behind how using noise to generate stuff works. The biggest part I’m having trouble grasping is how to create noise shaped like an island and then store it into a array. I would also like to know how to change the size of the noise to something like 400x400 or 600x600.

I know the forum has many posts about it but I don’t have a good handle on random generation yet as I am still teaching my self. If someone could help me out and even go so far to make a simple project that stores the noise into a array so I can see it and use the data to generate a terrain that would be awesome

This is what I want my basic world to look like:

• I've never worked with noise before, here is my first attempt:

dropbox.com/s/e42buk6xng2pg2t/NoiseIsland2.c3p

You get a tilemap, which can be saved using Tilemap.TilesJSON expression, or be easily converted to an array.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you very much, it’s definitely as easy as it seems now I can actually see the code and go through it and read it step by step. Definitely going to post it online so others can use it to create their own project

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)