How do I create a curved surface with image points?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • Hi all,

I'm trying to create a skate park half-pipe thing that the character could skate on smoothly.

Basically to start I'm looking to create a curved surface. I searched the forums but didn't find a clear answer on how to achieve curves in Construct. The newest answers say that I should put in a sprite in the shape I want and edit the image points on it to make it behave like a curved object too.

My problems:

a. Placing image points is very slow. Is there a keyboard shortcut or a drag and duplicate way of doing it?

b. How do I make the character (let's say with a Platform behavior) actually interact with those image points?

c. Alternatively, if you know of a better way to make curves, let me know!

Thank you!

• Simplest is just setting the collision polygon to the shape. In the image editor you can even right click and have it guess the a polygon from the image, but you may need to tweak it.

The benefit of using a collision polygon is that interacts with the behaviors and collision events.

The con is it’ll only be as smooth as you make it. So more points on the polygon. Then the smoothness is also reliant on the behaviors collision response, but I imagine it would be ok.

You can roll you own collision detection and response and represent that shape more perfectly with a completely smooth ramp but it takes more math and some fiddling to setup. And the main con is behaviors won’t be able to interact with that. But it does give you more control over how it works.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you! I wasn't aware of the collision polygon, now I know. Any hotkey to quick-add points? The automatic recognition didn't do much.

• OK, I think I got it. Thanks again. I'll see how this works interacting with the character.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)