How do I create 3rd level deep menu with sprite/frames?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Selection frame like in RTS games, works both on mobile and desktop devices.
  • Hey C3! Hope the Holidays have been good to you.

So I've run into a bit of a wall using sprite frames especially when it comes to menus. I created a test project which mimics my long term project very closely and was able to duplicate my results.

Essentially, when you click one of the 3 purple sprites, the 5 yellow sprites change frames. 3 categories show up (animals, sports, food):

Step 1 (start-up - the 5 sprites are now transparent in frame 0)

Step 2 (categories show up)

Step 3 (click on the animal frame to bring up dog and cow)

Now I want to click on dog and bring up one more menu to feed / water him. However it doesn't load right (image loads dog and cow then immediately loads feed / water frame):

I've tried so many different combinations and global/instance values but nothing seems to work for me. I appreciate your time and suggestions! Included is a link to my scaled down, test project for reference.

https://file.io/QnaV1cTe2fMr

Snap-shot of code

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Have you tried using the system > Else statement on the conditions?

Since C3 loads code top to down, i have experienced issues using for example:

On click > Animation frame is 1 > Set animation frame 2

On click > Animation frame is 2 > Set animation frame 1

So if i dont use "else" in between there, construct will do the first event if the animation frame is 1, but if i click the first button, it will change frame to 2, and run the 2th event instantly after.

So, try to add a ELSE statement.

Example from my own game code(ignore the UID part):

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)