crafting

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Template for maintaining an inventory with crafting possibilities. Completely documented in text and video.
  • Hello to everyone.

I am trying to make a rpg game where it would be possible for the character to craft some items.

The interface is like this:

The player should select random items from the left to the right, then with the craft button if the recipe exist an item will be created (sword, armor etc...)

My idea is to start from a csv file where I will keep all my inventory list always updated, something like this:

id;name;itemneededtocraft1;itemneededtocraftqty1;itemneededtocraft2;itemneededtocraftqty2;itemneededtocraft3;itemneededtocraftqty3;
    1;wood;;;;;;;
    2;stone;;;;;;;
    3;sword;wood;1;stone;2;;;[/code:11nwkg0c]

I would like to make something that read the csv file and gives me back the Id of the object with the corresponding recipe but I don't know if that's possible and how to make it.

I would prefer to use this csv solution cause I am working on the software and my friend on the game's mechanics, so he can add items and recipes to the csv without bothering me.

Do you have any advice?
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Are you going to craft items on a grid (like Minecraft) or show a list of available options for crafting...?

• It's going to be Minecraft style, except for the "items in a specific position part", I mean that you could just put the a wood and two stone or two stones and a wood to get a sword, no need for you to put them in a shape of a sword.

By playing the character will find hints and books to help him figure the recipes out.

• I suppose you have a drag&drop system in place.

So, lets focus on the getting that csv into c2.

plugin-csv-csv2array-csv2dictionary_t64326

And on the permutation of possible base combinations that lead to a valid recipe.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knsh2nwlifikn ... .capx?dl=0

Click on the little arrows to add/subtract.

Open the csv to peep for valid recipes.

1 of the many possible methodes.

• I suppose you have a drag&drop system in place.

So, lets focus on the getting that csv into c2.

plugin-csv-csv2array-csv2dictionary_t64326

And on the permutation of possible base combinations that lead to a valid recipe.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/knsh2nwlifikn ... .capx?dl=0

Click on the little arrows to add/subtract.

Open the csv to peep for valid recipes.

1 of the many possible methodes.

Exactly, the first part is already in place, I only needed that!

Thank you very much I'm going to try.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)