Correctly setting AdMob events

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
14 amazing sound files of game events like Level Ups, Level Completes, object spawn, object taking etc.
  • Hi... Should I use the "create advert" just once, in some event sheet, and then use "when loaded / when ready" to show the ad? Or should I use "create ad" in each layout of the game?

Also, if the layout/event sheet is closed/changed too fast, before the ad is finished creating, will it keep loading/creating in the background or if it doesn't fully load in the same event sheet it wont load anymore?

I am having trouble showing banner ads... they dont show most of the times. There is a level in the game where I create one specific ad for that level only, and for the other layouts I use the "smart size banner"... But sometimes that different banner shows where it should not...

Can I find an example of setting ads correctly in the event sheet?

Whats the difference of using the events "When ad ready / When ad is loaded"? Isnt it the same?

I miss the option of in an specific layout choosing to the show the kind of banner I want, there is only one option currently: Show Banner Advert... But why cant I choose to "show smart-size banner advert", or choose the position I want to show the banner in each level?

Also Why cant I choose to show an ad by calling its id? I Can only create the ad and specify the id once, but if I'm using more than one ad id, how can I choose to show the one I want??

Tagged:

• Whats the difference of using the events "When ad ready / When ad is loaded"?

The difference is that one is "On ad ready" and the other "Is ad loaded".

Almost all Construct events starting with "On" are triggered events, which means they are triggered once when the event happens. Events starting with "Is" are conditions, which you can check at any time, any number of times, use in sub-events etc.

I may be wrong, but I believe for banner ads you should use "create advert" only once. And then in every layout you can check "Is banner loaded" and use "Show advert" if needed.

• Thank you

Is it "safe" to Invert the "is loaded" for example:

on start of layout

if banner ad is not loaded

create banner ad

so I should create just one banner per app/game? that applies for the other ads too?

• on start of layout -> if banner ad is not loaded -> create banner ad

I think it should be ok. Banner ads are loaded quickly.

With interstitial and video ads you should "create advert" and wait for it to load. Don't try to "create advert" multiple times, while it's already loading. And after showing the advert, you need to create it again. EDIT: Apparently, this is not correct, see comments below.

Check out this post:

construct.net/en/forum/construct-3/how-do-i-8/best-practice-show-rewarded-149674

• I mean "if banner not loaded" since it is not possible to invert "on banner ready"

• If you are using "if banner ad is not loaded -> create banner ad" on start of the layout (and not on every tick), I think it should be ok.

• thanks dop2000

Do you think the below sheet is OK for loading the ads on the first layout? it is a loading screen that lasts no more than 7-8 sec. Since a video / interstitial ad can take 10 or more seconds to cache, is it safe to leave the loading layout before the ad is fully loaded?

Should I maybe use some "trigger once" action?

Also, is there a way I can use C3 to check if the user is connect to the internet, and if it is not then no need to create the ad?

And what do you mean by " And after showing the advert, you need to create it again." I should create a new ad after showing it? I dont think that is right... Maybe I just got it wrong...

I had actually a better ad show rate when I was creating the ads over and over again on start of layout... This causes the game to lag but shows more ads properly... Now I want to create and load just once, and make sure I can use "if ad ready = show ad" just to show when I need it. After this, match and show rate decreased...

AdMob is not very transparent so I cannot confirm if my account is going under some kind of penalty or not, I didnt receive any emails or notifications, but I noticed a big decrease in revenue and show/match rate impressions after trying to simplifying the ads actions...

• by the way, as you can see in the loading event sheet, I am going to try to show an interstitial ad right after the loading layout is finished, since I read this is one of the best ways to increase revenue and this is called a "splash screen interstitial"

• If an interstitial/rewarded ad is ready, you definitely should not create a new one. I believe this can get you banned. You can create a new ad after On Complete, On Cancelled or On Load Fail event.

Also, all those "Load layout images" actions in your screenshot are useless. Images are not kept in memory, Construct clears images from RAM when you move to another layout.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • "Also, all those "Load layout images" actions in your screenshot are useless. Images are not kept in memory, Construct clears images from RAM when you move to another layout."

- Ouch, really? So whats the point of those? When one should use it?? I thought it would pre-load sprites so it would be ready to use when that layout shows up... Jeez...

Man, I believe if you create an Interstitial/Video just once, you can use the "if ready = show ad" many times... I believe "when video ad completed" means that the video was shown/completed to the user, isnt it?

Otherwise you could use the ad just once, and then having to create another after that one was shown? I hope that is not the proper way to do it...

Thanks for your support

• This is straight out of C3 Documentation:

Is Interstitial Loaded

True if a interstitial advert is ready to be shown.

On Interstitial Ready

Triggers when a interstitial advert has loaded.

Why not making things simple as:

Is Interstitial Loaded

Triggers when a interstitial advert has loaded.

On Interstitial Ready

True if a interstitial advert is ready to be shown.

?????

• Ouch, really? So whats the point of those?

I agree, it would make much more sense if these actions would preload images for the next layout(s). Unfortunately, no, they only allow preloadinging images from other layouts to use in current layout.

I believe if you create an Interstitial/Video just once, you can use the "if ready = show ad" many times...

After you've shown an interstitial/rewarded ad, you can't show it again. (Well, maybe you can, I haven't tried it, but it's pointless to replay the same ad.) So you need to create (load) a new ad.

Why not making things simple as: ....

Is Interstitial Loaded and On Interstitial Ready mean the same thing, but one is a condition, and another is a trigger.

• thanks

"After you've shown an interstitial/rewarded ad, you can't show it again. (Well, maybe you can, I haven't tried it, but it's pointless to replay the same ad.) So you need to create (load) a new ad."

I have tried it, I create just one interstitial and show it more than once, and admob changes/update the ad automatically, it doesn't necessarily show the same ad over an over... indeed it repeates some times, but it does change ad automatically without having to create a new one...

Also creating a brand new ad every time one was shown makes no sense as it makes the game lag... I hope it doent have to be like that... Seems to be working for me.

What I learned from here is that I should choose just one Banner Advert, and not try to create 2 different ones... I had a layout with more space and created a bigger ad, and when playing a level I wanted to show the "smart size" banner, but things got messed up..

I think we could use some more information in the C3 documentation about using AdMob plugin... An example project for demonstration would also be very helpful.

I'll tag Ashley just for the record. Hi!

• Interesting.. I'm sure I got the idea that interstitial ads need to be re-created from someone else's demo. Have you tried with rewarded ads?

I agree, the documentation for MobileAdvert lacks this information and we need a good tutorial/template.

• Yes you can test it, even creating just one Banner Ad, AdMob will refresh it an if it realizes it passed too much time without a click, it will try showing a new ad. The thing is that you apparently should choose just one banner size, and I wanted to make more than one size for different layouts... It worked properly once when I was creating a new banner every start of layout, but that would lag the game and creating too many ad requests, so match rate decreases...

We do need more solid orientation on this, to hear from successful experiences as well.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)