What is the correct way to close the game on android?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
five golem elements Sprites Sheet.Best for enemy or villain game characters.
  • So what i have been doing is using the browsers plugin close action. the thing is after i close the game if i restart the game a Software update needed Android system web view message shows up?

So opening the app for the first time works properly, i use the browser close action (on android device) then i reopen the app and get the update needed.

is there a different way to provide a close application on android??

I was testing this on a Galaxy Note 9.

• Hi, try use browser exec JS and insert this code:

window.navigator.app.exitApp();

or

navigator.app.exitApp();

• Javanie

Hi, try use browser exec JS and insert this code:

> window.navigator.app.exitApp();

or

navigator.app.exitApp();

The Browser plugin's Close action already does that.

piranha305

I'm afraid that's the recommended way. So, your problem might be caused by something else.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Javanie

> Hi, try use browser exec JS and insert this code:

>

>

> > window.navigator.app.exitApp();
    > 
    > or
    > 
    > navigator.app.exitApp();
    > 

The Browser plugin's Close action already does that.

I don't know if browser plugin's close action already does that, thanks for the information.

piranha305

Since you asking "for is there a different way to provide a close application on android?"

and my first post is same as Browser plugin's close action navigator.app.exitApp(); then you can try the different way to close app on android below.

If you want to try different method close the app,navigator.app.exitApp(); is close app programmatically maybe you want to try force stop app programmatically.

You can export your project to android project then open CoreAndroid.java inside folder:

your cordova project folder\platforms\android\CordovaLib\src\org\apache\cordova

or if you export to cordova project then after cordova prepare go to folder:

your cordova project folder\platforms\android\CordovaLib\src\org\apache\cordova

search for:

else if (action.equals("exitApp")) {
     this.exitApp();
     }

Then replace code:

// this.exitApp();
    		cordova.getActivity().finishAffinity();
    		System.exit(0);
     }

This will quit the app completely.

You also can use this one, this will quit the app completely and remove from the recent tasks list:

// this.exitApp();
    		cordova.getActivity().finishAndRemoveTask();
    		System.exit(0);
     }

Note:

.finishAndRemoveTask(); if you use this you will need at least minimum API 21.

If you use cordova.getActivity().finishAffinity(); or cordova.getActivity().finishAndRemoveTask(); without System.exit(0);

app will quit but the allocated memory will still be in use by device then use System.exit(0); to completely clean allocated memory in use by your app then quit the app completely.

To close app, just use browser close action this will execute cordova.getActivity().finishAffinity(); and System.exit(0);

or if you use quit the app completely and remove from the recent tasks list will execute

cordova.getActivity().finishAndRemoveTask(); and System.exit(0);

Demo video:

Subscribe to Construct videos now
Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)