How do I copy timelines across projects?

1 favourites
  • 2 posts
  • I've asked this a couple of times in the Discord chat with no luck, so thought I'd ask here.

Recently, I created a side project to put together a bunch of timeline paths for menu control with the intention of importing them into my main project once done. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to figure out a way to copy them over.

I tried saving both versions as project folders and copying over the files from the timelines folder. While that copies over the timeline element itself, it doesn't bring over any paths that have been created.

Is there a way to do this?

Cheers

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great, so in the process of unsuccessfully attempting to copy timelines from one project to another, I must have borked the existing timelines I already had in the main project folder without realising it.

Just went to work on them then, only to find that although they exist in the project view, when clicking on any timeline, the objects and paths have all been deleted.

Now I really want to know how to copy timelines from one project (my old archived copies where they still exist) to another (my newest iteration with zero working timelines).

Surely someone will have an answer to this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)