Copy frames from one Sprite to another

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Footsteps SFX One contains 400 sounds of steps and jumps on different surfaces.
  • Is it possible to copy or load animations or frames from one sprite to another? I have a sprite that includes many different animations (for better organization). The problem is that it rises the amount of used memory. Is it possible to copy animations/frames from one sprite to another?

When I say "copy" I mean in run-time not on design-time (this is done with "clone").

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think that's possible. But you can load frames from an external image at runtime.

• Why would you want to? This will waste lots of memory, versus just showing the original object.

• What I want is to load images into sprites on a layout without the need to load all those images into memory. An action for sprites where you can load images from resources (not urls) would be great. Now what I have to do is to load all images when a layout is loaded.

Assume you have a sprite that want to load random image from a selection of 500 images. How can you achieve that without the need to load all images into memory?

Keep in mind that I dont want to use NWJ because my game will be exported for as a Facebook Instant Game...

• Assume you have a sprite that want to load random image from a selection of 500 images. How can you achieve that without the need to load all images into memory?

Use 500 separate sprite objects and put them in a family. Then it only loads the ones placed on the layout, or that you create at runtime.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)