How do I convert quiz game from using text files to an array?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you will learn how to use the GooglePlay Games native plugin
  • Hello friends,

I have this spell-the-word game that I purchased from Envato. I have customized it quite a bit, changing the appearance and some functionality, and adding other functionality.

It was originally made using two text files for the questions and answers. I would much prefer to use an array, and I wanted to conquer the challenge of converting it to an array to learn from it. Many hours and versions later my attempts have been fruitless, so I would greatly appreciate some help.

My array is already in place, and I have it working fine using the first question and answer, but no advancing. It does advance fine, but since I explicitly declared the question/answer (array.at with an index number instead of variables), it just repeats.

I would also really like ability to use an image file in place of a text question - a separate version, not both functionalities in one. I envision a column in my array with the name of the image file to be used, matched to the answer. Then I put those images under "files". There would be no text questions. This would be extremely helpful if anyone could help. The version I've uploaded here, using sentences, is good for children who can read, but I really want to have another version where there is just a simple visual cue - e.g. a picture of a dog, and the student has to spell dog.

Thanks again!

Here is the project file. I have added all the groups and comments, so they may not be 100% accurate.

dropbox.com/s/0deftpe1gvuyln0/Speller%20v7.c3p

• Here is the fixed project:

dropbox.com/s/7ldclim1imd5vzf/Speller%20v7_.c3p

You can remove the old text files, they are no longer needed.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks so much! I am very grateful for your generosity.

• I was able to get the picture version working myself. Thanks again!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)