How do I control multiple sprites in unison?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Be quick and choose the right answer for the shown equation.
  • I'm extremely new to Construct 3 (and game development in particular) so this is probably super easy, but I'm stumped.

I'm trying to create a little platformer where instead of moving the player character, you move the level itself (sort of like Landsliders on iOS).

I have multiple platforms suspended in the air, and I'd like to "pan" the level but dragging the screen and having all the platforms pan back and forth together with the player staying in the center.

Here's what I've tried:

- Creating the 'level' as one single sprite that can be dragged horizontally. The problem with this is I can't figure out how to make multiple hitboxes/collision masks (whatever the proper term is?) for each platform inside the single 'level' sprite. I used the mask tool but I can only make one mask shape instead of one for each platform in the sprite.

- Pinning. I created an "attacher" sprite that sits under all the separate platform sprites, and the attacher can be dragged horizontally. I attempted to Pin all the platforms to this attacher object so they would move with it, but I think I did it wrong because only the attacher moves. In the Event Sheet I used System > Pick All "PlatformSprite" > "AttacherSprite" > Pin Pin to "PlatformSprite" (bar style). I also tried it the other way around, with the second half being "PlatformSprite" > Pin Pin to "AttacherSprite" (bar style) but neither worked.

Is there an easier or simpler way to accomplish this?

Thank you!

• I'm pretty new to construct myself but would setting everything that you want to moves effects to 8 directional movement work? Or platformer movement depending on the way you wanna go with it?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think the easiest method is to add a giant invisible TiledBackground (or sprite) object with Drag&Drop behavior, and pin all platforms to that object.

On start of layout -> Platform pin to Attacher (Not the other way around!)

And don't use bar style or rope style for Pin.

• I think the easiest method is to add a giant invisible TiledBackground (or sprite) object with Drag&Drop behavior, and pin all platforms to that object.

On start of layout -> Platform pin to Attacher (Not the other way around!)

And don't use bar style or rope style for Pin.

Thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)