Connect to Google Play leaderboards...

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Google Analytics 4 Plugin for Construct 3 enables metrics and analytics for your games easily.
  • Anyone care to do the community a favour and show just how they structure their events/actions to successfully connect their apps to the Google Play leaderboards?

I’ve currently got it where the app connects and brings up a connecting window and spinning connecting wheel, then nothing - it just does nothing. I’m guessing there’s a specific chain of events to follow - either that or the Google Play object is bugging out.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I had this exact same issue and thought something wrong was going on. I had failed to do a few steps:

• Publish the game service for my game
    • Include the AppID in the GooglePlay object
  • I had this exact same issue and thought something wrong was going on. I had failed to do a few steps:

• Publish the game service for my game
    • Include the AppID in the GooglePlay object

Yeah I’ve done both of these. Care to list your action/event sequence?

• I just ran into this issue again and it seems like the apk needs to be published to GooglePlay. Strange as running the signed APK on my device should be identical as downloading it from GooglePlay. Not entirely sure, but after I published it started working again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ax4l7rueumx9mm3/googlePlayActions.PNG?dl=0

• Ok - I’ve created the leaderboard and in the Game Services section I have green ticks alongside the following:

- Game details

- Linked apps

- Events

- Achievements

- Leaderboards

- Testing

- Publishing

However when I go to test the leaderboard on my app I get a transparent blue screen and a spinning wheel - as if Google Play is trying to connect to the leaderboard. I think the leaderboard is 99% set up and ready to go but do I still need to publish it for testing? How do I go about doing this?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)