Complicated question about zooming out etc

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • Hi there,

I couldn't come up with a good title for this topic but let me explain what I want. I am helping out with a game and they want the game to zoom out and then you'll see a bedroom with a tv. The game is suppose to then be played on the tv and then zoom back in again. I am completely stuck so help on any kind would be much appreciated. Here is a pic of what I want.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think there is a split screen example/tutorial floating about that could be helpful.

What you can do is use a canvas and paste stuff onto it. For performance the pasting is delayed till the frame draws, which leads to having to do juggling where you have to moving things into place, paste, and then wait a frame. At least last time I tried using it. Could have been updated since then.

Another probably simpler idea is to just have the tv be its own layer and you’d just need to change the scale/scroll offset to move the rest of the game to fit onto the tv. You could do that with some trial and error I should think.

• I think this issue isn't exactly split screen.

Just have a zoomed state on the tv, in which your controls switch over to the tv and zoom in (layerscale, scroll to).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)