How do I compare 2 arrays on X0 and X1?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
  • I have two arrays, I want to compare these 2 arrays and get back the Array 1 with the unique values.

Array 1, XY:

0, 1

1, 1

2, 2

3, 3

4, 4

5, 4

Array 2, XY:

0, 1

1, 1

2, 3

3, 2

4, 4

5, 4

In this scenario it should give back the 2, 2 and 3, 3 from the Array 1. So it should give back the results where the position X0 and X1 together unique.

• Can you give the example again but don't use co-ordinates as values so it's easier to work out what you want.

• There are two arrays with coordinates (x and y) and I would like to check which coordinates are not used in the first array. (If the coordinates are used I want to delete it.)

If I think it well:

I have to take the first row from the Array 2 and compare it with the full Array 1.

• If there is a match delete it from the Array 1 and go to the next Array 2 row.
    • If there is no match go to the next Array 2 row.

I hope it makes sense.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sure you can grab the value from Array 2, then use the condition with Array 1 'array contains value'. If returns true then you'll have to find its location and delete that Array 1 row, assuming you meant to delete the row you said delete value so maybe you meant just replace it with ""(empty).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)