Collision layer

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
  • Is there any system like a collision layer mask (for the solid or physic behavior) where I can define what can collide with what? Or is there a way to implement that in the eventSheet or a third party addon maybe?

Thanks

• In Physics behavior, you can use enable/disable collision between specific objects, but I don't think this is possible with Solid. If you tell a bit more about your game, maybe we could suggest another solution.

• Thanks!

It's not for a specific project. I was just exploring the engine while thinking about "how I would do X and Y". For instance, if I would make a game where some object collides with some solid (player) but not other (enemies or a different state of player) how can I make this mechanic in Construct (unless using Physic which seems bad for a platformer). I know there's the Jump thru behavior and the Fall Thru action, but I don't see an obvious way to make this more systematic like with Physic behavior.

any idea?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I don't think there is an easy solution to this. One way of doing this is to create a copy of the level at an offset and "ghosting" some objects. For example, if you want your character to be stopped by walls, and enemies to go through walls, you make a copy of the layout at 10000px to the right, remove walls from it and place your enemies there. For each real enemy object create a "ghost" sprite and position it to (Enemy.X-10000, Enemy.Y) on every tick. It will look like enemies are walking through walls. Of course, this solution is far from universal, but could work in some games.

• Wow, that's a clever solution! Not easy, but for a small game, 'might do the trick!

Tks for your time!

• I made something similar in this demo, as a way to keep lots of physics objects (apples) inside a fast moving basket.

• Clever trick! Nice

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)