On collision help

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Game with complete Source-Code (Construct 3 / .c3p) + HTML5 Exported.
  • Hello, my problem seems simple but I just can't seem to figure it out. Whenever I use the skills "Airstrike" and "Nuclear" they spawn explosions and destroy the zombies as intended. But they seem to be colliding with the zombies more than once and increasing the score too much. What I don't understand is that the zombies are supposed to be destroyed on collision with the explosion, so why does it happen more than once?

Project file

drive.google.com/open

• I don't have a C3 subscription (yet), so there is limited testing I can do with your game since it far exceeds the free limits. But the main problem I see is that you are checking for collisions between the explosion and Enemies family - and each enemy is made up of two parts, a blank sprite and an animation sprite. Both of those are part of the family and collide with the explosion, so the score gets incremented twice for what is supposed to be one kill...

with the brains, you are only checking for collisions with each of the empty sprites, so that is working the way you expect.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ah I see! Thank you, I can't believe I didn't notice that. Thanks for taking the time to help me out and I wish you all the best in getting a C3 subscription.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)