How do I CLONE / DUPLICATE instance and its Properties?

0 favourites
  • So the last code works PERFECT on the clean example C3 file I attached before.

But once I tried to add it to my project (which is organized in a very similar way, same variable names, same family names, same organized group names etc..)

Anyway... the original issue IS BACK! on my actual project.

so I tried to look for other similar events that maybe I forgot or clash with each others, maybe there are other "hold shift" or something like that, and there was nothing that could find (I also use Ctrl+F a lot to find anything related to Drag) nothing special that could clash or ruin the above code.

So, first I disabled group by group running F5 each time carefully to see which one maybe cause the issue.

NOTHING WORKED! it keeps CLONING while holding shift and any Mouse Button, all three which is back to point zero...

My last idea before I'll ask for help again on this thread, was to track and find the issue 

I actually DISABLED 90% of the project groups and run with F5 to see if it will fix the problem, and it DIDN'T! I could still clone with ANY mouse button while holding shift.

So I need some help here, how can I find the issue on my code? there must be something that allow this to happen and ignores the CLONE group code which supposed to work like it did on the clean small C3 file I shared.

I tried to see if there are 2 "Drag & Drop" behaviors or anything, but nope.. they are EXACTLY set as the small C3 file project on a family called: "Created_Objects" and nothing else, so no clash there either.

As you can tell I did try to solve the issue, or at least FIND the source of the issue first.

This is making me crazy even when 90% of the project disable it's still not working...  any help will be appreciated!

I have a strong feeling that it's something small and stupid that I need do but I don't know what.

If there is an easier solution like Re-Program the Clone code for a more "safe" less issues as I add more and more features, I'll be happy to give it a try so please share your mind.

Thanks ahead!

• Add a debug output into event 23 - Browser log "Buttons NOT down, cloning object"

Run the project, open console log, try dragging with right button+shift and check if that message appears in the log.

If it doesn't, this means that you have some other event somewhere which clones the object.

• Add a debug output into event 23 - Browser log "Buttons NOT down, cloning object"

Run the project, open console log, try dragging with right button+shift and check if that message appears in the log.

If it doesn't, this means that you have some other event somewhere which clones the object.

Thanks for the help! debut is kind of new to me so here we go:

I added the action on event 23 and ready to do the debug test but I never used C3 on a browser since I do everything on the standalone version. so I have no clue how to do the actual console test.

Can I do this debug test with the standalone version? if not I can load it in the browser (I use chrome) how do I get to the console to see that message anyway? do I need to download extra software or plugin or it's just a hotkey in chrome?

• By standalone you mean Desktop build? You can still open Console - just run the preview, press F12 and select Console tab.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • By standalone you mean Desktop build? You can still open Console - just run the preview, press F12 and select Console tab.

THANKS! yes I mean the desktop build (I hate working in a browser) WOW! that's cool! I didn't know that F12 secret works on the it.

OK, so when I SHIFT + Right Mouse Button I get the text message, but I don't know what does it mean in my case, this is why I'm so confused no matter what I did it didn't cancel like in the other clean C3 project.

What's making me go crazy is that it still ignore this event when EVERY other group is disabled, that's why I thought maybe it's something like a behavior or something else... but what do I know, only confusion.

Is there a different way I can code this in order to make only SHIFT + Left button to work?

• This is really odd. If this event works in one project, it should work in another. And event 23 definitely shouldn't trigger when right mouse button is pressed.

Can you share your project? If you don't want to post it here, you can email it me: doperst2006 (at) gmail.com

• Hi dop2000 sorry for the late reply,

I just sent you an email while I'm still messing around with other things on my project because I'm crazy curious about so many things, feel free to update me via the email if you like, Thanks ahead! :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)