When I click a button in game I see a blue square border..

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
High quality sound effect pack, in the following categories: Simple, negative, pozitive
  • ..and how do I prevent this?

My button object is a regular button with a Set CSS Style event at layout start. This all looks fine but when I click the button it gets a square border around it. This is obviously very visible on a rounded button.

I have no 'on Click' events.

See image ..

• Each browser has some default stylings applied to everything... I believe that is the input:focus selector, which we can't get to in construct.

You might want to try setting outline:none to see if it works.

Alternatively:

outline-style:none;

box-shadow:none;

border-color:transparent;

It is a pain, but stuff like that is why it is recommended to just use sprites instead.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Great. Thanks!

• Each browser has some default stylings applied to everything... I believe that is the input:focus selector, which we can't get to in construct.

You might want to try setting outline:none to see if it works.

Alternatively:

outline-style:none;

box-shadow:none;

border-color:transparent;

It is a pain, but stuff like that is why it is recommended to just use sprites instead.

I would definitely be using sprites rather than an actual button. You will have a finer degree of control over any visual effects. I'll often use an online button maker to create a button and then download the resulting image which I then import as a sprite into my games.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)