How Do I Choose the Right Learning Path for Me?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Awesome drifts on auto generate way,tap to steer right.
  • Hi

I am a newbee with no previous development experience in anything.. But fortunally I'm pretty getting the hang of it with the engine. So easy!

That being said, I want to progress beyond the "cookie cutting" and do more. My dream is to create a server-side multiplayer game that also collects data on the players.

Alas, A . I don't know where to start and what to learn. B. How to integrete it with this engine.

I am very eager to learn, and it would be great if someone will provide me with a good

learning path

, specific online courses will be also great!

Ran

• Maybe try Facebook, or perhaps Google.

• I would suggest starting with templates which are included in C3. They are top quality and you can learn a lot from them. After that you can read about Multiplayer plugin:

construct.net/en/tutorials/multiplayer-tutorial-concepts-579

• Well, the tutorials not related to server side stuff. I am familiar with the wonderful examples we get with the software. They are helpful but they also capped to the capabilities of the basic engine.

I see that many users tweak the engine to do more stuff, but I couldn't find tutorials about it. There is one firebase tutorial but it seems that it is beyond my scope so I want to understand where to begin.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The best advice I can give is to start small. Multiplayer is pretty complicated in this engine, and while not impossible, there are a lot of pitfalls and mistakes you should make in simple games before you shoot for a server-side multiplayer game.

There are also a couple different ways you can implement multiplayer depending on what type of game you want to develop.

The tutorials and this forum will be your friend through all of it! Hope that helps somewhat.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)