How do I check overlapping did not happen in a condition ?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
2D fighting template based in the game that defined the fighting games genre.
  • Hi, I'm building a ball shoot game, it has the same logic as archery. by the bullet behavior enabled, the ball continues to get smaller while it's greater than 0.40. and scores goal when it's overlapping the targeted point while his size is between 0.4 and 0.35.

my question, how to detect that the ball failed to overlap the targeted point between 0.4 and 0.35 of his size.

thanks in adavance.

• Didn't quite understand the gameplay description but you can right-click invert the overlapping check so it becomes 'is NOT overlapping' an object, does that work well enough here?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thank you, Dear . so appreciated for the reply :)

so my game is about a fooball shoot, the ball loses 0.02 of his size every tick while its size is greater than 0.4*ballSize on his way to the goal, when the ball became small and his size is < 0.4*ballSize and it is overlapping the goal then it got score, you can say it's perhaps similar to the basketball game on messenger.

finally I found a sollution, I added a sprite "checkGoal" visible (transparent) on the bottom of Z behind the goal, I made the goal score is when the 0.35 < ball size is < 0.4 and * size and overlapping the goal if true add action to make the "checkGoal" invisible, else if "checkGoal" visible and overlapped by the ball then it's a failed shoot.

Thank you dear :), i wish that this can help someone else ;)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)