How do I check before create a object?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Fully commented source code/event sheet & sprites to create a space shooter game
  • hello everyone.. nice to meet you all

I am a newbie here and still try the trial version of construct. I am usually using game maker.

I am sorry if question is already posted here. I've already search and can't find the right answer for me.

I build a simple maze and create a layout 1600x900 pixel.

I have sprite call "walk" with 25x25 pixel.

I create a randomize function to create path in the layout.

Everytime my random get a position, I create object "walk" to mark that position.

After that, I want to fill the empty position with sprite/object "wall". But how do I check if that position is empty or already have sprite/object "walk"?

I create

for "xx" from 0 to wwall > create object "wall" on layer 0 (xx,yy)

for "yy" from 0 to hwall

but i don't know what to fill the "...." to create a condition if that position xx and yy is empty (no sprite/objct "walk") or already have sprite/object "walk" before create a "wall" sprite/object.

Can anyone tell me how to do that?

• Area generator? Sounds like 4 direction square checking empty space. Let's took your time to see this simple room generator:

dropbox.com/s/baxbebqprpsp64r/generate_tile.capx

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • thank you for your example...

...and yes, I have tried your method too... but still, it spawn to the whole screen and cover even the path, not just empty area..

i don't know why...

if you don't mind, you can cek my trial maze. I know is a mess...

1drv.ms/u/s!AlM-dC9w6IDgnXdZsWagmVkP1hTS

• thank you for your example...

...and yes, I have tried your method too... but still, it spawn to the whole screen and cover even the path, not just empty area..

i don't know why...

if you don't mind, you can cek my trial maze. I know is a mess...

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlM-dC9w6IDgnXdZsWagmVkP1hTS?e=3I1Q2C

found the problem!!.... i set off the collision, so it won't detect the "if collision".. silly me...

thank you for your help

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)