How do I get my character to move with an object?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • Hello. I'm trying to get my character to move with an object whilst still being able to control the player, but it won't move with it. I have followed a tutorial for Construct 2, but the settings on Construct 2 are a little different in Construct 3, and I am unsure if that is the issue.

i.gyazo.com/9037602c0c6b69dee9d38ec839fc8f51.mp4

As you can see from this, the frog does not move with the log. I thought the PIN behaviour would make it move with the log, but it only works if it is at the edge of the log.

How can I make it so that when my character is on a log, the character moves WITH the log, but also can maintain it's tile movement? Any help would be appreciated. For reference I am making something similar to Frogger.

Tagged:

• Anchor it to its point of origin and every time it moves, let it follow it.

If you want the frog to make another move when it is on the log, change the animation.

I don't quite understand what you are trying to do.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sorry I'll try and be more clear! As you can see the log is moving down the screen. But when my frog sits on top of the log, the log still moves but the frog remains perfectly still on it. I believed that I could use the PIN behaviour to make the frog move WITH the log, but that does not seem to work. I have found ways of technically doing it (Making the frog change Y position to match the log's movement every tick, for example), but that prevents the TILE MOVEMENT behaviour from functioning properly whilst the frog is on the log.

• Have you tried that when the frog overlaps the trunk it moves 1 pixel (or whatever you want) in a 90 degree direction?

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)