How do I get my character to follow a way point path like pacman?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Connect the dots in the correct order and draw happy animals!
  • How do I get my character to follow a way point path like pacman?

• Hi, if you are looking at something like pacman, there is a Eat 'm All template that you can use. This template uses a tiled behavior.

However, I am lost when you say way-point. Could you further evaluate on what you mean?

• There's a Pacman template with Construct 3 called Eat 'em all

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • ReallyBasic yes the original pacman used nodes and waypoints to move. pacman was on a track that had forks in the road that would lead to different nodes/waypoints. so pacman didnt react to the walls when it came to moving he reacted to the track that he was on. I was wondering if there is a way you can do that in construct 3.

• Well, you could probably use the tween behavior and a series of invisible objects. However, in order to do that, you might need someone with a little bit more experience with the tween behavior than me. Sorry I can't help more.

Also, depending on the type of game you are making, you could make the Eat 'm All template work, if you stored a direction variable and made the player follow that direction until otherwise specified by the player.

Good luck!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)