How to make a character attack?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Zombie attack is a survival game, where you have 2 types of games: Killer and survival.
  • Sorry for my bad English..

So, I'm working in a game like Super Smash Bros, a fighting game, I was trying to make my character attack, but I could not.

I did

On 'X' pressed > obj_player - set animation to 'ID_AUTO'

And then don't play the animation.

Is there some other easy way to do this?

• Sorry for my bad English..

So, I'm working in a game like Super Smash Bros, a fighting game, I was trying to make my character attack, but I could not.

I did

On 'X' pressed > obj_player - set animation to 'ID_AUTO'

And then don't play the animation.

Is there some other easy way to do this?

That would be the basic form of any animation change.

This form will never change no matter how you trigger the animation (boolean, keyboard button, touch, etc)see example

Simple put there is no other way.... its more of checking what other events you have that might break it.

Also double check the names of the animation and make sure its speed of animation has a greater value then 0.

Edited: actually there is another way, however that will not be another way of Construct but more of using a 3rd party animation software plugin like brushmonkeys plugin.... i forgot its name. but that is not anymore Construct default.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > Sorry for my bad English..

> So, I'm working in a game like Super Smash Bros, a fighting game, I was trying to make my character attack, but I could not.

> I did

> On 'X' pressed > obj_player - set animation to 'ID_AUTO'

> And then don't play the animation.

> Is there some other easy way to do this?

That would be the basic form of any animation change.

This form will never change no matter how you trigger the animation (boolean, keyboard button, touch, etc)see example

Simple put there is no other way.... its more of checking what other events you have that might break it.

Also double check the names of the animation and make sure its speed of animation has a greater value then 0.

Edited: actually there is another way, however that will not be another way of Construct but more of using a 3rd party animation software plugin like brushmonkeys plugin.... i forgot its name. but that is not anymore Construct default.

Thank you.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)