How do I change text every x seconds when time scale set to 0?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Change delay, create new lines, "backspace" the text
  • My game should work in the following way: when the player has no lives I set time scale to 0 and show the timer with text counter that changes each X second like 5,4,3,2,1.

But when time scale = 0, wait doesn't work. And I can't use "Set object time scale" as I need wait some time before changing the text.

What is solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

• The solution is don't set timescale to 0. Freezing time then counting down every X seconds would be counter-intuitive, pun maybe intended.

• Thanks, I will try to find another solution how to implement the counter. If you could share some ideas that would be great :)

I have to stop the game as the pieces in the game are moving along music.

As a workaround I set Time Scale to 0.00001, but I'm not sure if it's a good solution

• It looks like a game over screen, maybe you can go to a different layout and then return to it. Or put on a UI that covers the game screen since it sounds like you would reset everything anyway for a new game.

• It's not a game over, this screen allows user back to the game in the same point of time he lost. So I'm not sure if it's possible to stop the game and run counter simultaneously.

"Or put on a UI that covers the game" - that's exactly what this screen does

• instead of using system timescale create a family (or multiple families) of all objects that should be paused and use set object timescale.

This way only some object will be paused and system timescale etc. works normally.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • instead of using system timescale create a family (or multiple families) of all objects that should be paused and use set object timescale.

This way only some object will be paused and system timescale etc. works normally.

Thanks for the suggestion, but the pieces in the game are also creating using timeframes. Like create object after waiting 1.43 sec, 2.54 sec, 2.75 sec etc. to match pieces with notes in music composition. So if I'll set time scale to 0 for the pieces they will spawn anyway but not move

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)