How do I change sprite clothing effectively?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Minimal Sprite Font with Stroke for Pixel Art games.
  • Hi all, new to this and gradually developing a game idea i've had for a while...

I'm not sure if this is possible... but is there any effective way to change elements of 2d sprite clothing?

For instance imagine a standard 2d animated sprite walking around a top-down environment.

They then pick up a white t-shirt, then a blue t-shirt... then maybe some red shoes, then some yellow shoes etc. etc.

Without wanting to make and animate all the possible variations (there would be a LOT), is there an effective way to 'layer' animations?

Thanks for any advice.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • If you only need to change the color of clothes, the easiest solution would be to use Replace Color effect.

If the images need to be different (t-shirt, long-sleeve shirt, coat etc.), you will have to attach clothes to the player using Pin behavior or hierarchy. With an animated player this may be a difficult task - you'll have to define image points for each piece of clothing in all animation frames, and probably create multiple animations for each piece of clothing as well.

• Thanks for the reply...

This is interesting... it might be that I can replace the colour of sprite elements for version 1... then look at a more detailed solution in future iterations.

One more item ticked off the list :)

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)