How do I change mutiplayer wss://multiplayer.scirra.com?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
The official Scirra Multiplayer Signalling Server for helping peers find and connect to each other
  • Now I'm going to make an online game. I don't want to use the official "wss://multiplayer.scirra.com". How should I create this signalling? What's its specification? I've created one to replace the official one (WSS: / / fangtian. Club / websocket / 4 / yy), but I can't link to it. Because I don't understand this at all. All documents or instances are available for me to check. Thank you

• To run your own signalling server, you will need to purchase the signalling server code, then run or rent a server to host it.

You can purchase it at - scirra.com/store/game-making-tools/multiplayer-signalling-server-161

If you don't understand how signalling works or how to put one together already without needing to ask on these forums, I HIGHLY recommended using the official signalling service.

• To run your own signalling server, you will need to purchase the signalling server code, then run or rent a server to host it.

You can purchase it at - scirra.com/store/game-making-tools/multiplayer-signalling-server-161

If you don't understand how signalling works or how to put one together already without needing to ask on these forums, I HIGHLY recommended using the official signalling service.

Thank you very much.

I have tried the official signaling server. The problem is that the official rules for creating rooms do not apply to my current situation (the first one to enter is the host, and the second one to enter is the player). I need to make sure that some accounts must be the host, regardless of the order of entry. In addition, I also want to ask if I use the turn server for data relay. The principle of connection is that the host sends it to the turn server, and the turn server distributes the massage to everyone, or the turn server is still P2P.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have tried the official signaling server. The problem is that the official rules for creating rooms do not apply to my current situation (the first one to enter is the host, and the second one to enter is the player). I need to make sure that some accounts must be the host, regardless of the order of entry.

Don't use the auto join room feature.

This can simply be done by requesting the room list after logging on (or otherwise authenticating your user by your preferred method. After you get the room list, you can see what rooms have people in them already, or are full. If you have a designated host client, have them enter/create a room that doesn't already exist, while a peer client will join one that does that has space.

In addition, I also want to ask if I use the turn server for data relay. The principle of connection is that the host sends it to the turn server, and the turn server distributes the massage to everyone, or the turn server is still P2P.

That's not how WebRTC works. The signalling/turn server only facilitates connections between peers, it does not otherwise handle any data.

This won't change even if you host your own signalling server. Actually neither of your issues really has to do with the signalling server.

• > I have tried the official signaling server. The problem is that the official rules for creating rooms do not apply to my current situation (the first one to enter is the host, and the second one to enter is the player). I need to make sure that some accounts must be the host, regardless of the order of entry.

Don't use the auto join room feature.

This can simply be done by requesting the room list after logging on (or otherwise authenticating your user by your preferred method. After you get the room list, you can see what rooms have people in them already, or are full. If you have a designated host client, have them enter/create a room that doesn't already exist, while a peer client will join one that does that has space.

Thank you for your help!

The problem of creating rooms has been solved by randomly generating RoomID.

Another question is, if the host breaks the line, will the room end immediately? Not even if the host reconnects? This is not very friendly for other players.

• Correct. This is the nature of peer to peer networking. Although it's not exactly instant, there is some leeway in reestablishing a connection.

Depending on the scope of your game and the amount of data required to sync, it is actually possible to recover or migrate hosts. That is a significantly more advanced topic though, and generally speaking it is not worth investing time into.

You can also look into cloud services like firebase or photon cloud depending on your gameplay requirements.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)