Change only the image of 1 object

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • I'm loading an image for an object via my website's URL (Load Image From URL).

However, this object is generated numerous times in the game, and I need each one to receive an image from the url, but when I load the image, all objects change to the same image. How would I make this work?

Tagged:

• as for scripting in or changing something in event I don't think I can help... However, Have you tried make a clone(Global) of the original one and just changing the close so it doesn't affect others

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • When changing an image via URL download, it affects every object because the image information is just referenced in memory - that‘s why the copies you create during edit or runtime are called instances.

There are some workarounds to tackle this challenge though. For example, you could use a sprite with let‘s say 100 placeholder frames, and then everytime you want to load an image, change the animation frame to the desired (empty) frame beforehand.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)