How do I change the audio for convolution on runtime?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
100+ Musical High Quality Sound Effects for your game!
  • Construct uses the Reverb Convolution to work. This means it needs an audio file. They are called "IR" (Impulse responses).

I download a bunch of them, and there are packs with more than 100.

The bad thing is that to change in runtime that IR, you have to use an event and select the audio file to use in a list. So i have to create an event for each one, if i have 100 or more, well....

I was thinking to use some event like: Set = "IR" & IRnumber & ".webm"

So with just one event, in runtime i change the IRnumber variable to select another one but seems is not possible.

Is there any workaround to avoid add one event for each one?

-

Edit: Also the audio use for convolution is on "add effect" , there is no "set effect param" to change the audio file, that will be perfect.

And, there is no effect parameter to change "Normalize" / "Don't normalize".

• So, no way?

With "Play by name" i can use string to so with a variable and one event i can trigger and play all the sounds i want.

Will be great the same for the convolution sound instead of select from a list, now i have to add an event for each convolution, also i have to reorder all FX chain again due the only way to change the convolution is by "add" action, the "set effect param" there is no convolution way.

• To change Audio, you can use the Audio Converter for Windows to help you convert your music format from one format to another.

After that, you can continue to enjoy audio from your devices.

• I'm not talking about audio format.

On FX there is one called "convolution". This one needs an audio as IR (Impulse Response).

But the unique way is one by event which is a pain. The idea is found a mor easy workaround.

• As I understand, you are talking about this parameter. Instead of the drop-down list you need a text field to be able to use variables and expressions?

Maybe you could find someone who would create a simple add-on that extends the standard Audio plugin with a slightly changed "Add Convolution effect" action.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Yeah, already talking with Eren but is hard.

There is some audio temaple about Audio scripting on also we achieved play external audio in runtime but we can't manage via events, so looking how add a tag in js to the audio files to maybe use that tag as reference to use in events.

The same for convolution, to set audio internal/external.

• Construct uses the Reverb Convolution to work. This means it needs an audio file. They are called "IR" (Impulse responses).

The bad thing is that to change in runtime that IR, you have to use an event and select the audio file to use in a list. So i have to create an event for each one, if i have 100 or more, well....

I was thinking to use some event like: Set = "IR" & IRnumber & ".webm"

So with just one event, in runtime i change the IRnumber variable to select another one but seems is not possible.

Is there any workaround to avoid add one event for each one?

-

Edit: Also the audio use for convolution is on "add effect" , there is no "set effect param" to change the audio file, that will be perfect.

And, there is no effect parameter to change "Normalize" / "Don't normalize".

I think you should raise this with the devs as a suggestion.

for those working with music apps or getting deep into audio effects for games

It would be a very valuable feature.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)