How to change the angle of the camera ?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Hello everyone, hope you all okay :)

As a first post, i'm happy to say that i found in love with the simplicity of construct 3 to make my first amateur project. But I still try to learn how far I can go with this

game engine, if I can really make a game with fake perspective 3D, like this game (Dofus) :

1)The view of the player is in a way that make the illusion that the game is in 3D.

I wanted to know how with C3 I can have a final like that ? (I tried to setup "vanishing point" but didn't understood the process). In the game Dofus, the characters move on case and because of the point of view of the camera, the case are not simple 90° angle but elongated case.

I'm open to any resources that can help me to learn all way to produce an multiplayers RTS game, where all the players are on a fraction of a big map with other players (but doesn't see the whole map). It's exacly like the game Dofus, there is a big map and player are scattered on different fraction of the map, but the game only generate the fraction map of the player (but the server know where all players are, and if a play want to go up/down move forward, the server move them to the side fraction map (with potentially players on it).

I would be really really grateful if you can explain me if a game like that can be created with construct 3 (or I have to code myself).

Thank's for your time and reading.

• You might find some answers by checking out the "Orthographic projection" example in the latest version of Construct 3. It's one of the newer examples they added, after adding the feature. It looks similar to what you are trying to achieve.

EDIT: If I were you, I would load up that example mentioned above, and reverse engineer what is happening there in the Event Sheet. Then go from there :)

• Have a look at the example projects tagged "isometric". Those should help you get up and running with this :)

• You might find some answers by checking out the "Orthographic projection" example in the latest version of Construct 3. It's one of the newer examples they added, after adding the feature. It looks similar to what you are trying to achieve.

EDIT: If I were you, I would load up that example mentioned above, and reverse engineer what is happening there in the Event Sheet. Then go from there :)

Hi where can I find that example?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thx for all these documentations, I will check it :)

• > You might find some answers by checking out the "Orthographic projection" example in the latest version of Construct 3. It's one of the newer examples they added, after adding the feature. It looks similar to what you are trying to achieve.

>

> EDIT: If I were you, I would load up that example mentioned above, and reverse engineer what is happening there in the Event Sheet. Then go from there :)

Hi where can I find that example?

Load up the latest version of Construct 3, make sure to have Beta releases available in your preferences. Then search for it on the Start Page of Construct. Or like mikehive mentioned, search for "isometric", and it should pop up under that listing as well. I believe there are 3 that come up under "isometric".

It was added in "r263", so if you are running stable releases only, that would be "r260", and it will not show up when you search for it on the Start Page of Construct 3.

Screenshot: ibb.co/FqCQJTn

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)