How do I capture, save, and export player data?

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Can Construct be programmed to save and export player data? Preferably exported as a .csv file where columns are the variables and rows are the player(s)?

For example, I would like to know how long each player took to solve a puzzle. How long the player played the game? How many attempts at solving a puzzle before getting the final answer? Answers to quiz questions?

Is this kind of thing possible with Construct 3? I'm considering using Construct to make training simulations. But first I need to know if getting player data exported for use in spreadsheet programs is possible.

• The easiest way to do this would be with an Ajax call to a php script on a website that saves it to a MySQL database.

Construct really only has 2 ways of communicating outside of the client, Ajax and WebSockets. WebSockets could do the job as well but that requires creating a server. Having Ajax send that data to a website with a php script would be much, much easier. The php script could then stuff all of that data into a database or... append data to a .csv file if you wish.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can also manually invoke downloads of text files via the browser object, formatted as you wish.

• Thank you. Although I don't know how to do it, it seems within my grasp.

Gathering player/user data would be the critical piece of my game-based assessments. I'll look into Ajax/php/MySQL workflow and keep the manual option in mind too.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)