Camera data capture

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Simple and easily editable template for a dynamic camera that zooms in and out based on how far apart the players are.
  • Is it possible to retrieve data from a camera snapshot?...like how certain programs can take pictures of forms and collect letters and numbers. For example. Say I had a piece of paper with two columns. Column A has a list of names (Adam, Zed, Mike, Hannah, Ben). Column B would have a dollar amount corresponding to each name (20.00, 75.00, 11.00, 17.00, 89.00). How would I (if possible) take a camera snapshot, collect data from each row, and use the data in an array? From there I could have a button to alphabetize the names...or perhaps organize the names on a list based on dollar amount. Any thoughts? Even simpler, some programs let you capture numbers on gift cards right through an app.

• Is it possible to retrieve data from a camera snapshot?...

Is possible, but you will need a custom Js that recognizes text inside picture and turns it into text digitally on a editor like... or store it on your variable inside Construct or dictionary. but doing that Js might be tricky... is not that simple.

You might want to look at software's similar to this .... and how they done it...

I don't think anyone every done it with Construct though.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I figured it's possible for someone smart enough. Just trying to see if there is a simplified way to recognize characters using the basic construct 3 functionality. Even something as tedious as detecting black pixels vs white pixels in a jpeg and putting the pieces together that way.

• I figured it's possible for someone smart enough. Just trying to see if there is a simplified way to recognize characters using the basic construct 3 functionality. Even something as tedious as detecting black pixels vs white pixels in a jpeg and putting the pieces together that way.

Official default expressions? Not as far as i know... i can almost for sure say there is no official face recognition function in Construct ... however there is a an old C2 face detection plugin you can find here a long side a lot more C2 plugins ... but not sure if any of them will ever be ported to C3 though.

I hope im wrong though about the recognition part not being supported officially, cause that would be a awesome thing.

• Support for face recognition, picture to text, and the like would be very useful....especially since Construct3 seems to be more geared towards mobile applications. I own C2, but making mobile apps is definitely more tedious than C3.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)