How do I calculate vector x and vector y depending on an angle?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
25 high-quality cars. This asset is perfect for a side scrolling game, or even a turn based RPG type game.
  • I'm trying to recreate the knockback system from the Super Smash Bros. series, but I'm a little confused as to how I might be able to input a angle that the character has been hit in and depending on knockback speed get sent in that angle with the necessary vector values. Any suggestions?

• Do you mean opposite angle?

((180+angle)%360)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • That is useful for hitting a surface and getting the angle for that, but I mean like adjusting vector x and vector y to move in a certain angle.

For an example, if a player was hit in a certain direction the velocity would be set accordingly. This is fairly straight forward for 8 basic directions, but I was wondering how I could do the angles inbetween.

Knockback (K) = 100

Left - Vector X: K*-1, Vector Y: K*0

Left Up - Vector X: K*-0.5, Vector Y: K*-0.5

Up - Vector X: K*0, Vector Y: K*-1

Up Right - Vector X: K*0.5, Vector Y: K*-0.5

Right - Vector X: K*1, Vector Y: K*0

Down Right - Vector X: K*0.5, Vector Y: K*0.5

Down - Vector X: K*0, Vector Y: K*1

Down Left - Vector X: K*-0.5, Vector Y: K*0.5

• X=100*cos(ang)

Y=100*sin(ang)

For any angle.

• X=100*cos(ang)

Y=100*sin(ang)

For any angle.

R0J0hound, I need your help. I need your help. Can you give me your e-mail, I'll ask there. I have a pot and a net. When the basket moves, the net moves very badly. I need to solve this. Can you give your e-mail? My email: sarierdncnvz@gmail.com

• X=100*cos(ang)

Y=100*sin(ang)

For any angle.

Seems like this is what I was looking for, much appreciated.

• oraflame

Glad it helped.

sarierdnc

Best to create a new topic. Generally I’m unavailable but when I am I’d just skim all the posts and reply to those that interest me, I have time for and I actually can solve. That said there are many other talented people on here that like to help out too. So a new topic is your best bet.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)