How do I get all C3 plugins on a C2 to C3 converted project?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
With this template you can create your own archer game and customize it however you want.
  • Hi,

I have converted a C2 project to C3. Now, when I try to add iframe plugin into the same project, I don't see the plugin. Not only this but few other C3 features are missing like DrawingCanvas, Speech Synthesis, Game Recording, Typing Behavior in Text, etc. However, I can see all these features on a fresh/new project (created in C3).

I'm not sure what would be the issue. I need some of these C3 features and that is the main reason I have converted the project to C3.

This is a screenshot of a fresh/new project (created in C3). You can see the iframe plugin here.

This is a screenshot of the project converted to C3 from C2.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

• Menu -> Settings -> deactivate 'Use simplified user interface'

That should do the trick.

Edit: I think I was wrong. You need to switch from C2 runtime to C3 runtime in the project properties (Advanced -> Runtime).

• the plugins from C2 to C3 are not going to be shown, because the C3 engine/runtime doesn't have the same plugin expressions and syntaxes, therefore plugins that are exchanged aren't compatible with both platforms, each plugin needs to be manually converted to C3 from C2. and there is a C2 to C3 plugin convertor but you need to understand how plugins are made in Construct then use the sdk to replace the old C2 syntaxes to new ones in C3. this is a old problem, but the answer to it, would be "manually converting it", cause even with the tools(like c2 to c3 plugin convertor) you would still have to manually code some bits and pieces.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The iframe plugin is only available in the new C3 runtime. Projects imported from C2 use the C2 runtime by default. With the latest stable release ( r131 ) of C3 new projects will use the C3 runtime by default which is why you are seeing it with a fresh project but not the one imported from C2.

Check out our blog post on what the new runtime is, and how to switch to it here https://www.construct.net/en/blogs/construct-official-blog-1/launching-the-new-construct-3-runtime-1048

• Menu -> Settings -> deactivate 'Use simplified user interface'

That should do the trick.

Edit: I think I was wrong. You need to switch from C2 runtime to C3 runtime in the project properties (Advanced -> Runtime).

Awesome man. It is working now. Thanks alot. :D

• the plugins from C2 to C3 are not going to be shown, because the C3 engine/runtime doesn't have the same plugin expressions and syntaxes, therefore plugins that are exchanged aren't compatible with both platforms, each plugin needs to be manually converted to C3 from C2. and there is a C2 to C3 plugin convertor but you need to understand how plugins are made in Construct then use the sdk to replace the old C2 syntaxes to new ones in C3. this is a old problem, but the answer to it, would be "manually converting it", cause even with the tools(like c2 to c3 plugin convertor) you would still have to manually code some bits and pieces.

Thanks for the help.

• The iframe plugin is only available in the new C3 runtime. Projects imported from C2 use the C2 runtime by default. With the latest stable release ( r131 ) of C3 new projects will use the C3 runtime by default which is why you are seeing it with a fresh project but not the one imported from C2.

Check out our blog post on what the new runtime is, and how to switch to it here https://www.construct.net/en/blogs/construct-official-blog-1/launching-the-new-construct-3-runtime-1048

Thanks for the help.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)