How do I use bullet stepping in C3?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
This pack contains 10 types of bullet effects, with different shapes and colors.
  • Hello!

I have looked through some of the C3 game examples and the "Bullet Stepping" and "Instant Hit Laser" examples show how bullet stepping can be used to make very fast bullets hit obstacles instead of flying through them, because when the bullet speed is set to a very high value you will notice that the higher the speed the larger the gaps between frames and so if the obstacle is inside one of those gaps the bullet won't hit the object.

However I don't seem to find where the stepping events or properties are, so I am stuck looking through the bullet behavior properties and the events / actions but I can't find anything related to bullet stepping.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS: I also want to ask does the bullet stepping feature exist in C2?

Thanks.

• You activate stepping by enabling 'Step' in the Bullet behavior properties (C3) if this is what you mean and could not find. In C2, this feature does not seem to be included, at least I can not find it.

• I can't find it. Do you have a screenshot that I could look at? Would be greatly appreciated.

BTW, I remember the name "kriand" you replied to one of my previous topics, thank you for being so helpful. :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As mentioned only in C3:

• I am pretty sure that I am not blind but it is actually NOT THERE.

Which version of C3 are you using?

Are you using the free edition (because I am using the free edition)

I hope this is not a waste of your time :(

• You can find out all that you need to know for Construct 3 here:

construct.net/make-games/manuals/construct-3/behavior-reference/bullet

Try using the latest version of Construct 3. Otherwise, you might want to clear the browser cache or something.

Or at least use the Desktop Build instead if you don't want to clear your browser cache.

construct.net/forum/construct-3/general-discussion-7/construct-3-desktop-build-beta-131317

And No, Bullet Step isn't supported on Construct 2.

But of course, you can ask someone to write you a modified version of the Bullet Behavior to support it.

I hope that answers your questions.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)