How do I use the bullet movement for the player?

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Rounded Vector Geometry Player Design with Glow for 3 player games
  • Or, if that's not possible, how do I create a player-character that is moved with arrow keys, that doesn't only move on 8 directions statically, but rather slides around as if it were on ice? Feel free to ask me questions if you need clarification on anything.

• You could use bullet for the player.

For example,

on left key down { set angle of motion to 180}

on right key down { set angle of motion to 0 } and so on..

keep in mind you would have to have events for the on release as well that would stop the bullet movement

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You could use bullet for the player.

For example,

> on left key down { set angle of motion to 180}

> on right key down { set angle of motion to 0 } and so on..

keep in mind you would have to have events for the on release as well that would stop the bullet movement

Firstly, nice pfp, secondly, that's what I tried first, but it was clunky and didn't move very smoothly. Also, it doesn't really work slippery-ly. I have tried working with momentum stuff but none of that really seemed to work.

• Have you tried 8 direction with a very low deceleration?

• Have you tried 8 direction with a very low deceleration?

I will, I think that's literally the only way to do this, which is a bummer, but whatever. Thank you though for helping!

• It's literally not the only way, bullet will work fine. You'll just have to keep track of and handle acceleration, deceleration, and adding vectors yourself, which is what the 8 direction behavior already does for you.

Iirc there was a built in asteroids example, moving in space is similar to moving on ice.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)