Bullet angle of motion being ignored

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Motion Universe Pt. 2
  • I have a 'fortress' sprite in my game, which should fires cannonballs at the nearest ship.

I've set the fortress sprite to rotate towards the picked ship (no problems there), but the cannonball's angle isn't being set according to the fortress sprite's rotation.

The cannonball (black circle) just moves straight along the same angle every time (red arrows).

And this is the event sheet.

I've used this exact event layout for the Ship sprites (they have left, right and front cannons), and the bullet angle of motion is fine.

The one difference is that the Ships have Custom Movement behaviour, so I set the ship's sprite angle to the Custom Movement 'moving angle'.

However, the Fortress sprite's angle is being set normally on its own (I've checked in Debug).

I also created a separate "cannon" sprite attached to an image point on the fortress, to see if setting the 'cannon' angle and spawning the proj

I followed advice I found in the forum about setting the angle for all cannonball instances, but that messes up the cannonball firing for the Ships objects.

Also, I didn't have to do this for the Ship objects in the first place, so why should I have to do that now?

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Set bullet speed first, then the angle of motion. If speed=0, then setting angle of motion has no effect. Also, try changing "Set angle" in Bullet properties.

• Set bullet speed first, then the angle of motion. If speed=0, then setting angle of motion has no effect. Also, try changing "Set angle" in Bullet properties.

Setting the bullet speed first worked perfectly, thank you!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)