Bulk Import Animations

0 favourites
  • 9 posts
From the Asset Store
3 pixel charaters with over 8 animations each + animations with a gun
  • Hello,

Is there any way to mass import animations? I can parse out the frames to full sprite sheets, or individual images, or sprite strips, whichever is necessary. It seems like "Import Frames from Strip" at least lets you do all the frames for a single animation in one go, but that's as fast and as automated as you can currently get. ("Import Frames from Files" seems like it's exactly the same as the "Load Image from a file"/Ctrl+O option?)

• I dont know if you have tried this or not, but what I ususally do to import long animations with multiple frames is export each frame individually, place them in their designated folder, and as long as they're numerically in order, selecting all of them while importing into Construct animation editor usually does the trick.

• I'm talking about multiple animations with 5 to 10 frames each, i.e. I've got a single enemy with 12 8-frame animations, and 8 directions for each, so 12x8x8, 768 frames. Pretty standard stuff for any isometric game that's not grid based. Seems like right-click then "add animation" is necessary for each animation regardless

• i'Ve also run into this issue, what i've been doing is putting all the frames in the same animation and choose the frames with events to save time, but it runs pretty slow compâred to normal animations

• With the release of beta r252 (today!) Scirra updated the importing of animations.

• i'Ve also run into this issue, what i've been doing is putting all the frames in the same animation and choose the frames with events to save time, but it runs pretty slow compâred to normal animations

That's an interesting solution. You'd have to have a cheat sheet detailing which frames where the start and stop of each animation. It's probably awful performance-wise as Construct 3 probably keeps all the frames of an animation "ready" regardless of which ones you want to play, so instead of 3 40kb frames "cached" (maybe the wrong word here), it's 30 or 50 or 100 frames.

• With the release of beta r252 (today!) Scirra updated the importing of animations.

Wow, not even 24 hours after I made this post... Awesome!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > With the release of beta r252 (today!) Scirra updated the importing of animations.

>

Wow, not even 24 hours after I made this post... Awesome!

How do you use it ? You have to make hundreds of folders and export your animations as multiple images into each of those hundred folders separately ?

That's an interesting solution. You'd have to have a cheat sheet detailing which frames where the start and stop of each animation. It's probably awful performance-wise as Construct 3 probably keeps all the frames of an animation "ready" regardless of which ones you want to play, so instead of 3 40kb frames "cached" (maybe the wrong word here), it's 30 or 50 or 100 frames.

no it'S slow because you have to calculate and advance animation frames manually with events. Displaying a sprite loads all of it's animations regardless

• Ah, I see.

Just right click an empty space in the list of animations on the right hand side in the Animations Editor. Use the Import from Files option and it'll let you import multiple ZIP files, each as its own animation. (Provided you update to r252) You'll still need to put all the animations in the correct .ZIP archive, but you can automate that with Powershell or the command line interface of an archiving program, like 7-zip.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)