blocks like in Scratch

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
25 high quality isometric ground blocks + sprite sheet
  • Hello, how to create text construction from blocks like in Scratch, for example? No matter how hard I try to come up with how to do it, nothing works. So that text blocks could be inserted into each other, and it would be clear what was inserted into what. I think I once saw the source code with something similar, but now I can't find it anywhere.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I have never heard about a Scratch game, and google doesn't know about it either. Did you mean Scrabble by any chance?

• He means the programming language scratch where all coding is done with blocks that that can be dragged and snapped together kind of like legos.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scratch_(programming_language)

Or maybe blocky which is basically the same. But it’s not clear how that library could be cobbled into construct.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockly

Anyways like anything the trick to doing it is to break it down into simpler doable steps.

Start by having blocks you can drag and drop. Next have locations that the blocks will snap to when close enough. Next is to keep track of how everything is connected, and where to insert stuff and moving stuff to make everything fit. You could either just highlight the drop points or preview the resulting layout as you drag, but that’s objectively more involved.

Probably best to try something simpler first. Like just a vertical list of sprites you can drag to reorder.

Another exercise could be to just work on the visuals on how everything should be positioned. Like positioning everything via events.

Anyways good luck.

• If there's no such source or nobody knows, it's okay. I just vaguely remember something like that, so I asked in case someone knows.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)