What is better for performance?a tileset or multiple images

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
From the Asset Store
500 monsters and creatures images for card games - Set 1
  • So i was wondering what is more efficient: having some large images (512 by 512) or 2 tilesets over each other (i need more layers) the image will have both tiles that repeat a lot(walls, corners, etc.) Which i know adds benefits to using tilemap, but also diffrent small parts (cracks,vases,chains,etc.) That are very diffrent, don't appear many times and need no colissions. So which is better?

• So i was wondering what is more efficient: having some large images (512 by 512) or 2 tilesets over each other (i need more layers) the image will have both tiles that repeat a lot(walls, corners, etc.) Which i know adds benefits to using tilemap, but also diffrent small parts (cracks,vases,chains,etc.) That are very diffrent, don't appear many times and need no colissions. So which is better?

i know that tilesets are best for performance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • > So i was wondering what is more efficient: having some large images (512 by 512) or 2 tilesets over each other (i need more layers) the image will have both tiles that repeat a lot(walls, corners, etc.) Which i know adds benefits to using tilemap, but also diffrent small parts (cracks,vases,chains,etc.) That are very diffrent, don't appear many times and need no colissions. So which is better?

>

i know that tilesets are best for performance

I know they are effective but only if there are not a lot of diffrent sprites

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)