Best method for implementing multiple playable characters?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hi all!

I have been playing around creating a brawl-like platformer game and currently stuck. Wanting to have 4 characters to choose from, each with its own animation as well as instance variables (e.g. run speed, jump speed).

Method: (learnt from link below)

One player object (invisible rectangle) + one animation object that consist of all characters' sprites. Using a global variable to call out corresponding sprites. This method can achieve 4 different character looks, but since it is essentially based on the same object, they all have the same instance variables. Am I missing something?

What is the best way to achieve 4 different characters, each with varying properties?

*sorry can't seem to insert hyperlink:

construct.net/forum/construct-2/how-do-i-18/a-new-question-about-character-47614

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Hi, you can use another variable on the object to identify it as a player. For example, in events if object.char=1, set the rest of the variables to a,b,c etc. If object.char=2, set the rest of the variables to d,e,f etc. You can also then refer to specific character types elsewhere in conditions like this, where object.char=1 is always character type 1.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)