Best way to make gameplay video/screen capture? ?

0 favourites
  • 5 posts
From the Asset Store
Best car suspension with spring effect and very cool terrain generation.
  • Hi all,

I'm currently trying to make a promo video that shows gameplay of my android game.

I've tried using ezvid to record desktop and then opened the preview of bits of the game I want to feature. It's a bit clunky and think frame rate is an issue.

Should I be recording at 30fps? Or 24fps?

Is there a better way to record gameplay?

Should I export as html5 and run it on my website and record it?

Thanks for any help

Alex

• If your game is an .apk (android app), there are android emulators like Bluestacks and Memu for desktop.

If your computer can handle Bluestacks and a recording software like OBS (free), its an option.

You could also make an alternative version to be played with keyboard or gamepad and record that on your pc

Now, if you need to record it on your phone or tablet, I don't have app recomendations, but try to record at the best quality you can while not affecting the game's performance. Close all your other apps, clean your device's RAM, turn of Mobile Data and Energy Saver mode. Saving the video on an external sd card is also good practice.

This is all I can help for now.

• I Record Gameplay directly from C3, With the GameRecorder and Browser Plugin.

You can then edit the video files you produce, with your chosen video editing software.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Thanks for the replies and the OBS suggestion, just screen captured the preview window at 60fps and cropped down in movie studio, perfect thanks.

• If you are using a computer with Windows 10. Just click Win+G to open the built in game recording bar.

You can record any game or browser window, so should work even if you export an NW.js version of your game for recording, or preview.

It's good quality and no watermarks.

A lot of people don't know there's a built in game recorder in Windows 10.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)