Best way of creating an computer player similar to in Smash Bros. with varying difficulty

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
A collection of various characters spritesheets for creating a 2D top down, RPG, tower defense, or other similar game.
  • Subscribe to Construct videos now

Hey everyone. Over the last few years I've learned a lot about using C2 and all of it's capabilities. Right now, I've gotten pretty far with a Smash clone. The only issue is I'm not sure how to go about creating an computer player system. The game is made to run with only one Player object, with various variables to determine what player they are, etc. I know line of sight may be something to be used, but with the way the engine works I'm unsure. Any ideas of an approach?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Creating the AI is always going to be difficult. I don't think line of sight is a factor because you'll want the enemy to always run at you in smash bros type game. It'll be a lot of conditions and simulate control on the platform behaviour. If overlapping then perform ability action and such, or various state conditions with priority set such as choosing to pick up items instead of attacking. They may choose to prioritise jumping on the higher platform so simulate jump until they reach it. Or there may be priority on jumping towards the enemy, or if they are out of bounds priority on trying to jump back into the level.

• I know it's not much, but this is the result of several days of testing, this is the latest version of my "Smash-Like AI" (mostly it is programmed to chase and beat you, it has no tactics or anything) I hope I can improve it moreover

that's the video youtu.be/QyW0DlNcG9w

• Construct engine is general purpose 2D game engine. Mugen engine probably the one to ease developing fighting game which is more straight for that purpose. Again is all about how creative you programme the AI and all interaction stuff. Finite state machine is most common practiced in decision making so I encourage you to learn about it.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)