Beginner Question - Arrays and Relationships

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Latency independent responsive controls. Beginner friendly documented.
  • Hi all!

I'm brand new to game design and Construct-3, trying my best to teach myself how to use the software.

Recently I'm trying to recreate a very basic relationship simulator between entities, and was hoping to find someone who could help me wrap my head around it.

Say there are 8 players/entities (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H). Basically, I need to have individual relationship scores (numerical values 0-9) for each relationship (for example: AB=2, AC=9, AD=4, and so on...)

Then I need to be able to call which ever score I need based on its numerical order. For example, "show me the player that Player A has the lowest relationship score with"

Currently, I have set global variables for each relationship score and filled an array. I can sort the array by relationship score, but I'm not sure where to go from there.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you!

Tagged:

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Not sure what data you put in the array so far but I would have column and rows relate to the letters so 0,0 is A,A and 0,1 is A,B etc. Then if you want to find the lowest A you can run through all values in X=0.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)