Backround music is super distorted

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
6 looping tracks to use in your games and projects. These tracks are in the style of the 1960s detective movie genre.
  • Hello,

I'm using Construct3 on Windows 11 to make an 8-bit flappy bird remake and i'm running into some issues with audio.

I am using a 14 second .wav witch sounds fine in Media Player/Groove Music and in the Event Sheet preview, but as soon as i try it out in game, it sounds so distorted it might as well be a recording of me throwing my mic. across the room. all i did is add an event: when the player is on screen, play this file. Any tips please?

P.S Thx in advance for any answers.

• when the player is on screen, play this file.

This sounds like a common mistake where the event is constantly true, so constantly plays the sound. Make sure the event only plays the sound once.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • hi,

Thanks for the reply and the answer, but as I am new to construct, could you please specify how to do this?

• Are you able to post a pic of your events?

If a sound is to be played if the character is on the screen, it will CONSTANTLY play the sound until the player leaves the screen.

It won't just happen once. It will be like it's playing the same sound 60 times a second, every second.

Use the "trigger once" event, or find a better alternative.

• Use the "is "yoursong" not playing" condition before the "play this song" condition.

• Are you able to post a pic of your events?

If a sound is to be played if the character is on the screen, it will CONSTANTLY play the sound until the player leaves the screen.

It won't just happen once. It will be like it's playing the same sound 60 times a second, every second.

Use the "trigger once" event, or find a better alternative.

Thanks, it worked!!

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)