How do i apply force in a sprite with a car behavior?

0 favourites
  • 2 posts
From the Asset Store
Complete the collection by purchasing Trailer Force - Cinematic Sound Effects Tool Kit Pt.2: Drones
  • i am trying to make a racing/combat game, just like old games like rock and roll racing and vigilante 8, just top-down, i may even try to dip my toes on multiplayer and send my friends off track

i am using the car behavior as it is just AMAZING for the driving part, it is even amazing at doing different terrain types/fricction, but for my game is essencial that the car reacts in a good way to explosions/flowing rivers/strong gusts of wind and other stuff like it

however, there is no "apply force" command, or anything like it on the car behavior, probably because of the way its made, i can fake a explosion from behind or front by changing the speed and aceleration of the car very rapidly, but this way for sideways explosions i just can't do it

the closest i got was making a explosion work on the side of the car is to spawn dozens of fast decelerating projectiles in a round pattern with the solid behavior, and each time some of these projectiles hit the car their speed get slower until getting destroyed

but this still freezes the car when hit by more than 1 explosion at the same time, hits on the front completely stop the car(and on the back dows nothing), and everything feels wonky in general, it feels more like a wall pushing(as it is) than a force, and i can't go as crazy with it because of performance(probably not as big of a deal)

is there any way to make this works more or less as i want?(car behavior, but with an hability to apply force) even if i have to redo the car behavior on custom movement (i would love some tips with the math behind that)

thanks in advance

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • You can combine Car behavior with 8direction and use 8direction's "Set vector" action. Here is a demo, it's not very good but maybe you could improve it:

dropbox.com/s/ic95ngmdxfe2jkj/CarExplosions.c3p

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)