App ID in Share object...

0 favourites
  • 4 posts
From the Asset Store
This is a single chapter from the "Construct Starter Kit Collection". It is the Student Workbook for its Workshop.
  • In the Share object there is the ability to have a Rate popup message.

In the object parameters box for Share there is the box App ID.

In this I've put the following: "com.url.appname" - however this doesn't work on iOS.

Have I entered the wrong App ID? Is there something else I'm meant to put in here instead?

Cheers all :)

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • In the Share object there is the ability to have a Rate popup message.

In the object parameters box for Share there is the box App ID.

In this I've put the following: "com.url.appname" - however this doesn't work on iOS.

Have I entered the wrong App ID? Is there something else I'm meant to put in here instead?

Cheers all :)

On ios devices there is already a " in-built request app rating dialog, which has predefined text" Also customizing where the review should pop up may not work. As the forum says

Here is the forum where Ashley and Nepeo have written about the share plugin

• The parameter description tells you to leave it empty to use the app ID from project properties.

In other words this should be what you enter for "ID" in project properties, which is the ID of your app. If you leave the parameter empty, it just uses that. You only need to fill it in if you want to request the rating for a different app.

The parameter description also tells you it's for Android only, so it won't be used on iOS.

• I’ve just been reading Apple’s documentation and they say they’ve put a limitation of allowing 3 popups per app per every 365 days. So it looks like I won’t be getting anymore popups on this app for the next 300-odd days as I used all 3 of my popups up in testing once the App was launched.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)